TekNavigators is a staffing and recruiting company.
QA Lead Analyst
12+ months contract
The QA Lead will have ownership and accountability to provide Quality Assurance leadership and guidance to support Client’s Information Technology department and collaborate with external party partners, agency, IT Managers, Analysts, and our Marketing teams. Candidate will support the Client's Marketing Systems & Analytics IT Team in documenting defined components and integrations, create regression test strategies, create more robust automated testing solutions and/or provide subject matter expertise on best practices, processes while working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
QA Lead Consultant requires a strong technical foundation as well as a willingness to wear several hats with a commitment to bring constant improvement to project and tasks assigned. The QA Lead understands business requirements, defines tests suites, manually validates functionality, develops automated test cases and communicates quality metrics effectively to ensure the high quality of integrations and code.
• Define and document detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test strategies, plans and test cases for projects using a maturity level framework supporting QA best practices, and procedures ensuring alignment with business defined acceptance criteria understanding the parameters for evaluation.
• Review requirements, specifications and / or technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Design, develop and maintain automated test scripts for various components of Client IT project including user interfaces and APIs.
• Track and test outputs in Client's repository and works effectively in an Agile project environment.
• Perform acceptance and thorough regression testing across Client's projects and API integrations
• Support troubleshooting defects for Client's IT Team, and or 3rd party partners tracking information via log data, database data, errors and exceptions, etc.
• Define and coordinate release management for software releases to ensure release notes are published, systems are versioned, smoke tested are successful, functional and release plans are in place including rollback plans if required.
• Demonstrate a strong emphasis on exploration, discovery and communication of software defects.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities assisting offshore team in packaging functionality for optimized test execution aligned to overall project milestones.
• Creates and presents the project quality highlights to all project stakeholders.
• Provide test estimates, manual and automated, and provided ongoing project management support.
• Design and documents Test Strategy for load and performance testing to identify out-of-bounds and possible customer impacting concerns.
• Track, report defects and collect metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts, based on overall testing statistics while developing, documenting and distributing daily/weekly testing status, test metrics and KPIs ensuring that QA sanity and smoke tests are performed as planned.
• Assist in the creation and management of script repositories used to gather test data and validate test results.
• Facilitate defect triage meetings, requirements grooming to prioritize bugs with business stakeholders.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs with recreation steps are well documented.
• Design, develop and execute manual and / or automation scripts using provided tools.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing functionality or web page components.
Required Technical Skills:
• Proven work experience in software integration quality assurance.
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Working knowledge of Adobe campaign is a plus
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
Ravi Nigam || Recruitment Manager
978-558-4666 Ext. 101
4 Venture Suite 220, Irvine, CA 92618